An experienced solicitor specialising in obtaining compensation for people who have suffered negligent medical treatment by NHS hospitals, GPs or private doctors.
Charlotte has secured compensation, and funding for ongoing care, adapted accommodation, loss of earnings, aids and equipment and therapies, for clients who have suffered as a result of negligence on the part of their medical practitioner and the families of children and adults who have died during clinical treatment. Acting against the NHS hospitals, GPs and private doctors, her experience includes the following types of cases: amputation, visual loss, orthopaedic, stillbirth, fatal, gynaecological, colorectal, developmental dysplasia of the hip, cancer (bowel, rectal, breast, cervical, vulval and lung) and general medical. Charlotte also works on behalf of clients with severe brain injury.
Recent examples of how Charlotte has helped include:
- obtaining £700,000 for a child who has mobility problems following a delay in diagnosing septic arthritis of the hip;
- a payment of £675,000 for the family of a patient who died due to a delay in diagnosing rectal cancer;
- compensation for reduced life expectancy and restricted mobility of £500,000 following the negligent transplant of an infected kidney;
- negotiating a payment of £300,000 when a delay in diagnosing vulval cancer lead to death;
- compensation for visual loss of £164,000 due to a delay in diagnosing glaucoma; and
- obtaining £65,000 for lady who suffered a fourth degree vaginal tear during child birth.