An experienced commercial property lawyer.
Helen advises clients on all aspects of real estate law, with much of her work relating to long term projects for property development or onshore gas exploration which first require land assembly, option agreements or promotion agreements between landowners and developers.
When planning and extraction permissions have been achieved, Helen advises on the sale, purchase or lease negotiations and transactions; securing rights of access, overage provisions or imposing appropriate covenants, dealing with lease management issues such as permissions for change of use or sub-letting, and property finance.
Helen advises landlords, tenants and developers on property transactions throughout England and Wales. Her clients include international energy companies, national utilities, colleges and student organisations, property developers, local community groups and farmers.
Recent examples of how Helen has helped include:
- completing a lease to place crowd-funded solar panels on the roof of a local authority leisure centre on behalf of a community benefit society;
- resolving a dispute between two commercial landowners through the creation of a new right of way with unique conditions;
- completing the lease for one of the first on-shore gas extraction sites in the UK;
- minimising the impact of anti-fracking protestors on traffic by agreeing a lease for a safe alternative site for protest; and
- helping safeguard the financial future of a struggling farm by the negotiation of an option and promotion agreement with a property developer.