An expert in unregistered land, specialising in mines and mineral rights.
Jayne advises landowners on the registration of their land with the Land Registry which provides protection from third party claims, such as adverse possession. She helps clients who believe that they own land but lack paperwork and require a statutory declaration or statement of truth.
Jayne acts for one of the largest landowners in the country, as well as commercial landowners, landed estates and land-holding trusts.
Jayne advises on title relating to mineral rights, whether separate or combined with surface rights, and is experienced in the complex rules for Stamp Duty Land Tax relating to mineral leases and commercial property transactions. She also advises on landlord and tenant issues relating to commercial property.
Recent examples of how Jayne has helped clients include:
- completing the voluntary registration at the Land Registry of the entire property portfolio of a major corporation;
- due diligence in relation to property titles and leases for the sale of a building materials business;
- investigation of split surface and mineral interests for a significant landowner;
- successfully registering a mineral reservation for a private client; and
- completing the voluntary registration of freehold interests for several large landed estates.