A commercial dispute resolution specialist and office leader in Wilmslow.
John focuses on corporate and commercial disputes including breach of contract and tortious claims, civil injunctions, recovery of corporate assets, fraud investigations, shareholder and partnership disputes. He also represents directors and former members of limited liability partnerships when claims are brought against them. John is experienced in litigation in all courts and a number of tribunals and he has a track record for successfully resolving matters at mediation.
John has a diverse client base, acting for two international energy providers, FTSE 100 and Euro 200 companies including leading names in the brewing and leisure sectors, shareholders of SMEs, partners and directors of professional firms.
John is also the Office Leader in Wilmslow where he is responsible for growing the team. This includes recruiting, developing and promoting lawyers who share the positive, open culture and providing ongoing training and coaching.
Recent examples of matters John has been involved in include:
- safeguarding £10 million of company assets in a cross-border dispute acting for a funder;
- defending 60 partners against charges of alleged wrongful trading and over-drawing claims by a liquidator in a LLP dispute;
- defending a claim based on the “new tort” of malicious prosecution;
- acting for investors in the recovery of sums due to them following a multi-million-pound commodity trading fraud; and
- acting for a company which had incurred substantial losses as a result of the unlawful termination of its franchise agreement.