An experienced restructuring and insolvency lawyer.
Rachael advises on all legalities arising in distressed and insolvent corporate transactions with a focus on property related transactions, formal insolvency processes and appointments, security and enforcement options, directors’ duties, restructuring options and corporate advisory work. Rachael’s experience spans a wide variety of industries and business sectors supporting trading administrations, business sales, advising on supply and distribution contracts, retention of title, intellectual property and re-finance options. Rachael also undertakes and advises on applications to court made pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986.
Rachael’s clients include accountants, insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, asset based lenders, creditors, companies and directors.
Examples of how Rachael has helped clients include:
- working with the operators of a financially distressed care home to prepare for a sale;
- managing the sale of a large number of public houses following a company administration;
- refinancing and restructuring a hotel business;
- negotiating the management buy-out of a company in administration which had valuable patents; and
- helping the supporters’ association of a historic football club to purchase the club out of administration.