A solicitor specialising in obtaining compensation for victims of clinical negligence.
Tim acts on behalf of people who have suffered because of negligence by a GP, a surgeon or any medical staff in the NHS or private healthcare, securing compensation to help them cope with healthcare needs, adaptations to their home and loss of earnings. Types of negligence include mis-diagnosis, delays in diagnosis or surgical errors which result in avoidable complications, life-changing injuries or death. Tim has a great deal of experience in helping people who have suffered due to a delayed diagnosis of cancer or have had an inappropriate amputation due to a delay in diagnosing diabetes.
Tim acts for adult and child victims of medical negligence, their families who must manage care, and the bereaved families in the case of fatal injury.
Recent examples of how Tim has helped clients include:
- obtaining a lump sum of £1.5 million and an annual index-linked payment of £115,000 to cover the 24-hour care costs for a child who suffered serious brain injury when a hospital failed to recognise an infection;
- negotiating compensation of £520,000 for a lady who suffered from permanent incontinence and bowel damage following radio-therapy, a treatment which was only required because pre-cancerous changes had not been identified on historical smear tests;
- securing £125,000 for the family of a lady who died prematurely after a diagnosis of bowel cancer was missed;
- acting for the family of a patient who died following bariatric surgery for weight loss; and
- obtaining compensation for lady who suffered heart problems after an infection which occurred because a swab had been left inside her during the fitting of a pacemaker.